Microsoft Access is a very commonly used powerful DBMS. It has a lot of features which help in creating, managing and viewing databases. Microsoft Access is an RDBMS which can handle a large amount of data. It is easy to use, and even an inexperienced programmer can use it. Microsoft Access has many advantages of using it, but a few of them are as follows.
1. Sample databases
- Microsoft Access includes sample database applications for users.
- These applications help users to learn about real word problems.
- The user can understand the interconnection of tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- As its name, these are a magical component of Microsoft Access.
- Using wizard user can create a database in a couple of minutes.
- A user can even create and customize almost all objects of the Microsoft Access, e.g. tables, queries, forms, and reports.
3. Keys to understanding the structure
- Microsoft presents the structure of relations in a graphical form.
- In this way, the user can easily understand the entities and attributes.
- It is also helpful in creating and viewing their relationships.
4. Microsoft Office integration
It can also be used with the word, excel, and other office applications to create mail merges, charts, etc.
5. Easier programming
- Simple code with macros is used to program different tasks of Microsoft Access.
- For a little bit complex applications code of VBA is also available.
6. Common Standards
- It has common standards with other applications.
- For example, SQL used in Microsoft Access is standard and can be used in any RDBMS.
- It allows storing, manipulating, analyzing and printing information contained in the database.
- Microsoft Access stores data without redundancy.
- It stores the data at one place without duplication.