The process of study the current system is called analysis. While designing a database, we must consider the following steps. These steps are used at analysis, stats while designing a database.
Before developing a new system, it is analyzed that either the new system economically, technically and operationally feasible or not. The results of this study include:
- The area of identification and selection of boundaries of the database.
- What is the cost of a new system?
- What will the new system return?
- How many funds are allocated?
- Alternate solutions are considered.
- During this process market analysis is also conducted.
- After the project is selected funds are allocated, and planning is started.
Requirements must be measurable, testable, related to identified business needs or opportunities, and defined to a level of detail sufficient for system design.
- Project planning is part of project management.
- Following this step, the duration for the various tasks necessary to complete the work is listed and grouped into a work breakdown structure.
While designing a database, it is very ins to be store essential to analyze the data which is required d in the data database. There are three activities in this phase.
- Decision tables are a precise yet compact way to model complicated logic.
- Decision tables, like if-then-else and switch-case statements, associate conditions with actions to perform.